Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dora knows where she's going

 
My four-year-old's list of favorite shows includes Dora the Explorer, much to my chagrin.  Sorry Dora, I'm just not a fan.  The most annoying character is the singing map, who repeats his identity over and over and over again.

As usual, I'm taking a step back from the show and trying to learn something (lest the show drive me to madness).  What's my take away?  ... This girl knows where she's going.

She's got an end goal in mind, and a map for how to get there.

What's your end goal?  Where do you want to be?  What's it going to take to get there?

To find help answering these questions, some good places to start are: Start Here, Go Places, and This Way to CPA.  And it's especially helpful to find someone with more experience to help coach you along your way.  (I'm afraid to use the word mentor now.)

Some sort of map for your career will come in handy, even if it doesn't sing for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just wanted to include a suggestion as to what a good map for an aspiring CPA student can be. Fast Forward Academy offers a great CPA Exam Prep program, and they even have a free trial of all their online tools. More information can be found at http://goo.gl/uFX74. Thanks for the great blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man the spam here will drive me crazy! Get rid of it!
    CPA Lexington KY

    ReplyDelete