Monday, October 1, 2012

Who will you be with?

I've posted a bit recently about the question of where you are headed.  A recent blog post by Seth Godin got me thinking about an equally important question: Who will you be with?

He writes:
Surround yourself with people in at least as much of a hurry, at least as inquisitive, at least as focused as you are. Surround yourself by people who encourage and experience productive failure, and who are driven to make a difference.

What's contagious: standards, ethics, culture, expectations and most of all, the bar for achievement.
No man or woman is an island, after all.  We are greatly influenced by those we associate with.  So as you ask yourself where you are headed, also ask who you are making the journey with. 

(Sorry grammar folks for ending sentences with a preposition.  I like it better this way.)

3 comments:

  1. Well I definitely enjoyed reading it. This article provided by you is very helpful for accurate planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, keep your circle of influence a motivator, not a downer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg, and I appreciate you reading!

    ReplyDelete